How we use your personal information
In order to provide our customers with an effective service, we, and our partner advertising networks, advertisers and advertising affiliates (3rd party partners), will collect and store personal information. In the course of using our services, which could include making a purchase, registering on our website, we may collect:
- Your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Details you provide us with when you make an enquiry.
- Details of your order and a delivery address.
- Information relating to your visits to our website; i.e. the pages that you access, as well as your location, language, browser, and IP address.
- Details you provide if you report any suspected errors on our website.
The information that we collect is used for the following purposes:
- When you make an order we use your personal information to process your order, collect payment, arrange delivery, to email you regarding your order, and for ongoing customer services.
- Internal accounting.
- Analysis of website statistics with a view to improving our performance.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent in the following circumstances:
- To prevent or detect a crime.
- To ensure that we comply with regulatory procedures.
In the course of providing our services, we have to share your information in the following ways:
- Providing our couriers, or on rare occasions direct dispatch suppliers, with your contact details so they can deliver your order successfully.
- Providing payment services through PayPal and NoChex, our payment providers, to process your transactions.
- Providing website analytical companies, such as Google, with conversion details to monitor our advertising performance.
In the course of providing our services, we may need to share your information with:
- Our suppliers.
- The Police or any other law enforcement or government agency where the law requires us to do so. (You should be aware that if we are requested by such authorities investigating suspected illegal activities we are allowed to provide your personal information, or any other information we obtain about you, to them).
- Other 3rd parties for the purposes of fraud protection or for exercising and defending our legal rights.
While we take all reasonable measures to protect your stored information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online.
How long do we keep your information?
We will retain the personal information you provide on our website by way of enquiry or requesting information until we no longer consider it relevant to that enquiry. Upon making a purchase with us, we will additionally retain certain limited personal information such as your name, email address and postal address, order history, until you ask us to update or delete those details. If we are legally required to do so, or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
In the case where you have any correspondence with our customer services department (either before or after a purchase), we will retain those details until we have deemed the information no longer necessary, or, if resolved, you request it to be deleted.
In the event that we were to sell our business, we may disclose your personal data to any prospective purchaser(s) and/or their advisers.
Where we store your personal data.
All information that we collect and retain, is stored within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), and currently within the United Kingdom. However, information passed to our 3rd party partners (i.e. Google, PayPal, NoChex etc.) may be held, or processed outside of the EEA.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by clicking the unsubscribe button/link on any marketing communication we have sent to you, or by contacting us.
Updating Personal Information
If you wish to correct your personal information or privacy preferences, please write to us at:
Michael Tawn Airgun Supplies, “The Barn”, Hannath Road, Tydd Gote, Wisbech PE13 5ND (England)
You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you. There may in certain circumstances, be a fee charged to meet our costs in providing you with this information.
In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data if:
- You withdraw your consent, and it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal data.
- We don't have a good reason to continue to use it.
- You believe we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights, or wish further information. If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office via https://ico.org.uk